Interesting to know …
Abraham’s journey from Haran to Shechem
- Abraham’s starting point: Haran
- Haran’s modern approximate location: 63000 Sultantepe / ‘anliurfa’ in Turkey
- Distance in km from Haran to Shechem: 5934 km
- Walking time: 1081 hours of non-stop walking. Today it includes a ferry and several countries to cross.
- Number of days if a person has walked 10 hours a day: 108.1 days or about 3.5 months, or from the beginning of school until Christmas.
- Car time: 48 hours via Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Egypt or five days of driving if you stop at night and for bathroom breaks during the day.