- 50 ml or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1.25 L or 5 cups miniature marshmallows or 250 g (about 40) ordinary marshmallows
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal (puffed rice)
- Milk chocolate chips
- Melted chocolate
- Cardboard plates
- Prepare the Rice Krispies square recipe in advance. Heat margarine over low heat in a large saucepan. Add the marshmallows. Stir until melted and homogeneous. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla. Stir in cereal mixing well.
- Using a lightly buttered spatula, press into a buttered 3.5 L -buttered pan (13 x 9 inches). Allow to cool. Cut into squares.
- Give each child a plate.
- Give each child two Rice Krispies squares.
- Ask them to place them one over the other to form the suitcase of Abraham.
- Using melted chocolate, tell the children to draw the details of the suitcase (see image).
Optional: If time and space allow, do the whole process with the children.