Fishing For Words
- 28 buckets or 28 miniature baskets with a handle (as many buckets as words from the Bible verse and its reference for both teams)
- 2 fishing rods (a small stick with a hook will also do)
- 2 copies of the words of the Biblical verse (Romans 4.7-8) on small papers
“Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven whose sins are put out of sight. Yes, what joy for those whose record the Lord has cleared of sin.”
- Before class, write the words of the Bible verse on different papers (one word per paper). Then place each paper in different buckets or baskets. Do this for both teams.
- Place the buckets in two different places in the room to separate the teams.
- Divide the children into two teams and place them in rows in two camps.
- On your signal, ask the first child of each team to try to fish a bucket with their fishing rod and take it to their camp.
- When the child returns to his camp, it is the next child’s turn. And so on.
- If a child drops the bucket, he starts again at the beginning.
- The winning team is the one who gathered the buckets at his camp and reconstituted the verse first.