- Give the stuffed lion to a child.
- Ask the child to imitate roaring after every sentence you say.
- Recite and mime the rhyme. Encourage the children to do the gestures with you.
- Roaring lions wait for Daniel patiently
(Take a fierce look and raise your hands with your fingers bent to imitate claws.)
- The angel of God shuts their mouths
(Pinch your lips together.)
- Balaam persists and hits his poor beast
(Show your head and then pretend to hit a beast.)
- God makes the donkey speak in distress
(Form donkey ears with your hands and pretend to speak.)
- The walls of Jericho resist all assaults
(Raise your arms high.)
(Drop your arms suddenly.)
(Nod your head in a way of saying “no”.)
(Point to the sky and nod in approval.)