Jesus Needs Willing People
- Illustration of an angry face
- View an illustration of an angry face.
- Explain that Saul was angry and did not like David. Then explain that even if it wasn’t easy, David was helping Saul.
- Explain that the word “volunteer” qualifies a person who helps because he has chosen to do so and not because he is forced to do so or is paid to do so.
- Recite and mime the rhyme. Encourage the children to do the gestures with you.
- Jesus needs willing people
(Point to the sky.)
(Open your arms with your hands facing up as a sign of openness.)
- By sharing and praying morning and evening
(Stretch one of your two arms as if to give, then join hands and close your eyes to pray.)
- By meeting everyone’s needs
(Give yourself a hug, then point at a few children.)